A commitment to environmentally friendly and socially responsible vending
Carbon Reduction Initiatives
Wilkes Vending continuously strive to reduce the environmental impact of our operations. Recent carbon reduction initiatives include:
- Vehicle Routing Software – Our bespoke route optimisation software assesses, adapts and changes our operated routes saving 1000’s of unnecessary road miles every week.
- Vehicles –Our vehicle fleet is soon to consist solely of fuel efficient long wheel base vans and estate cars to reduce unnecessary trips between us and our customers.
- Satellite Depots –Our recently acquired satellite depots in Lancashire and Middlesbrough also minimise road miles as well as response times.
- Machine Parts – Our service engineer’s vehicles are stocked with essential parts to prevent unnecessary second visits and provide a first time fix service.
- Employment – All members of staff required for local work are employed from their specific geographical area to minimise long distance commutes.
- Green Technology – Our vending equipment boasts the latest green technologies such as double glazed glass, long life bulbs, energy efficient fans and our in-house developed power down technology to reduce energy consumption during inactive periods. As a progressive move, Wilkes Vending Services commit to only purchasing machines from Companies with ISO14001 accreditation.
- Solar Energy – Our Yorkshire head office is powered almost exclusively by ceiling mounted 50kw solar panels.
- Supply Networks – We continuously look to streamline our supplier network so we order more from fewer companies to minimise unnecessary deliveries.
- Waste & Recycling – We recycle all cardboard packaging, office papers and redundant machines, and only print documents where absolutely necessary.
We offer a wide range of health drink and confectionery products designed to promote healthy eating and smarter choices.
Ethical product sourcing is a campaign we are extremely proud to support and one to which we have been committed for many years. We aim to support schemes that guarantee farmers and workers in developing countries a fair and stable price for their produce.
- Coffee – Our coffee is sourced from Rainforest Alliance Certified farms who work with growing regions to improve the livelihoods and the health and well-being of their communities. Our own Café Carrica coffee is both Fairtrade Trade and Rainforest Alliance certified.
- Confectionery – Wilkes Vending stock wherever possible ethically traded products in our vendors. One of our main suppliers, Mars Confectionery produce a wide range of Rainforest Alliance confectionery items including Galaxy and Galaxy Bubbles and have committed to buying all their cocoa from sustainable sources by 2020. Mars also intensively recycle and reuse materials throughout their manufacturing processes.
- Snacks – Our main crisp partner is Walkers who in 2007 were the first Company to display a carbon reduction logo on a consumer product representing Walkers commitment to becoming sustainable and to make efforts in reducing their carbon footprint more transparent.
Café au lait brewed, organic macchiato coffee so whipped. Crema iced white at cup wings white latte est aromatic. Instant, wings, aged, sit foam, white eu bar roast bar mazagran decaffeinated. To go milk, barista caffeine, and flavour saucer sweet qui cultivar.Custom Person